Sunday, January 3, 2010

White Cupcakes + Sensational Chocolate Frosting

One evening I announced to my housemates and husband (heehee, I've only written husband like twice since getting hitched) that I was going to bake for them the best cupcakes in the entire world!

I combined a few recipes I found online with a recipe I had scribbled in one of my many Official Recipe Notebooks.

For some reason, I feel uneasy about my first recipe post. Anyone could stumble upon this here blog; it could fall into the wrong hands!What if someone uses it against me? Hopefully, no one reads it but you. I know I can trust you. Enjoy!

Vanilla Cupcakes
2 cups self-raising flour
3/4 caster sugar
3/4 cup milk (I've always used soy, but no doubt the real thing will be even better)
125 g butter, melted then cooled
2 eggs, beaten
2 teaspoons vanilla

1. Preheat oven to 200C (390F-- but my oven tends to be crapola, so maybe try 175C/350F if your oven isn't a P.O.S.
2. Combine flour and caster sugar in mixing bowl and make a nest in the center
3. Add milk, butter, eggs, and vanilla
4. Stir gently to combine
5. Spoon into cupcake pans
6. Bake 10-12 minutes, or thereabouts (again, my oven is an oven unlike others)
7. Remove from pan, and when fully cool, pile on the:

Rich Chocolate Frosting
1/2 cup butter (or substitute), softened
2 1/4 cup confectioner sugar
1 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4-1/2 cup milk

1. Cream butter
2. Gradually beat in confectioner sugar, cocoa, and vanilla
3. Add milk until frosting reaches spreading consistency
4. Spread!

This is the batch I originally made, halved. However, sometimes I make the full batch so that the cupcake:frosting ratio is something like 1:1. In other words, I LOVE THIS FROSTING AND IT DOESN'T MATTER IF IT EVEN MAKES IT TO THE CUPCAKES BECAUSE EATING ALL OF THE FROSTING RIGHT OUTTA THE BOWL IS A VIABLE OPTION.


The cupcakes themselves, the frosting, and the mixing bowl from whence it came in the background.



One special one for me to eat...



...while I do this post.



No comments:

Post a Comment