Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Chocolate Chip Cookies




I'm going on a picnic tomorrow. So it was absolutely imperative that I bake chocolate chip cookies this evening.

To be honest, I have yet to make the perfect batch of c.c. cookies. But this recipe rates high in my books, and the end results are scrumptious enough to make over and over again. I still tweak it from time to time, and I hope it grows up to be a great recipe that yields countless broods of beautiful cookies.

Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 1/4 cup flour (plus a possible 1/4 cup extra if you want a stiffer batter-- I like a nice, thick cookie dough, so I'm all about that extra 1/4 cup)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter (115 grams), slightly softened
1/2 cup canola oil
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 eggs
2 cups chocolate chips
1 cup chopped nuts (totally optional)

1. Preheat oven to 375 F (190 C)
2. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt
3. Beat butter, sugars, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl
4. Add eggs
5. Gradually add dry mixture
6. Drop by the tablespoon onto a greased tray (I usually do 12 per tray)
7. Bake 6-8 minutes, or until just the tiniest bit golden along the bottom edges


Dough!


Beginning their transformation from dough balls to cookies


Plate o' treats.


I used the last glob of dough to make a tray of teensy cookies.

Nom nom.




No comments:

Post a Comment