Friday, July 2, 2010

Jo Bean and the Amazing Technicolour Heart Cake




Have you ever heard of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat? Probably not. Doesn't matter. Have you ever been obsessed with the idea of making a cake that looks like a rainbow explosion? It's been on my mind for a few days now, and today I finally remembered to buy more vanilla essence so I could finally make my dreams come true.

I baked it with the intention of trading it for some art at SUPER MARKET-- an art show where everything and anything is legal tender except dollars and cents. I heard someone was doing silhouette cut-outs, and I intended to offer my cake in exchange for my silhouette. But then I was overcome with a great fear of rejection and a great rolling, rumble in my stomach.

So...

Anyway, it's my vanilla cupcake recipe, halved. And lots of food colouring.



I used foil to divide the heart pan into three section to at least somewhat separate the 3 colours. It's a bit ghetto and didn't work particularly well. I'll use cardboard next time.



The batter took the food colouring very well. The red looked a bit pink, but das cool.



The batter's in the pan, looking like some sort of flag (maybe Primary Colourland's), and ready to go.



The frosting, the frosting, the frosting!



It looks like an artist's sink!



Why would I need two forks? S'not like I'm sharing...



No comments:

Post a Comment